It’s amazing how much you can improve your emotions!
Yesterday morning I was feeling quite depressed.
The reasons were several. First, I have not been eating meat recently, which always results in a bout of depression. And I have been overeating carbs which invariably leads to a borderline diabetic state.
Second, our quick trip to the UK reminded me that both parents and one sister are no longer with us. Keeping busy means I have not sufficiently grieved them. Also, the jet lag has me sleep deprived.
Third, my one month temporary job has come to an end and once again I feel challenged without it. Ironically, when I’m busy I do so much better with my coaching business. And when I’m not busy I don’t feel motivated to do very much.
Lastly, I feel hopeless about the situation in Gaza. I want to help but am not sure how and this leads to a sense of helplessness.
Can you relate to any of this? Do you ever feel not quite yourself?
When you don’t feel great what can you do to improve your emotions?
There are many things we can do to raise our vibration and I’ve written on this before. Here is a list of what I did today:
- I made a To Do list and worked my way through it. And I noticed that taking action made me feel better. In fact completing a task is well known to give us a dopamine increase.
- I had 5 calls today. Two were with my children and 2 were with friends and the other was with the coaching community I’m a part of. Socializing also has a powerful effect. It promotes the release of oxytocin in our brains.
- In the morning, I had a short walk, followed by a longer one in the afternoon. Again this produces chemicals in the brain. Walking in nature is a great way to stimulate serotonin production.
- I ate some foods rich in vitamin B12. These include fish, meat, poultry, eggs and dairy products.
- Finally in the evening, I had a little dance with my tiny 500 gram weights, while doing some laughing practice. All of which help with endorphin levels.
Next time you are feeling a little “off” I encourage you to try some of these methods to intentionally raise your feel good hormones and improve your emotions. And let me know how it goes. I would love to hear from you.